What is Pilates?
Pilates, also known as the Physical Mind method, is an extremely powerful, low-impact total body conditioning method to improve posture, flexibility, muscle strength, endurance, balance and core strength.
Pilates is a form of strength and flexibility training that can be done by someone at any level of fitness. The exercises can also be adapted for people who have limited movement or who use wheel chairs. It is an engaging exercise program that people want to do. Pilates promotes a feeling of physical and mental well-being and also develops inner physical awareness.
- Longer, leaner muscles (less bulk and more freedom of movement)
- Improvement of postural problems
- Core-strengthening, stability, and peripheral mobility
- Injury prevention
- Ease of movement
- Balance of strength & flexibility
- Heightened body awareness
- Low impact - easy on the joints!
- Customization for everyone - from rehab patients to elite athletes
- Lower risk of hospital related deconditioning in older adults
- A perfect compliment to other methods of exercise!
- Improvement of performance in sports like golf, skiing, tennis, dance and more!
- Benefits for prenatal & post-natal pregnancy
- Improvement of balance, coordination and circulation
"In ten sessions, you will feel the difference; in twenty, you will see the difference; and in thirty, you will have a whole new body." - Joseph H. Pilates